Sullivan County, incorporated on July 5, 1827, is located in the west central area of New Hampshire between Vermont and the Sunapee region of NH. With its County seat in Newport and County complex in Unity, Sullivan County covers an area of 528 square miles and is home to 14 towns (Acworth, Charlestown, Cornish, Croydon, Goshen, Grantham, Langdon, Lempster, Newport, Plainfield, Springfield, Sunapee, Unity, Washington) and the City of Claremont. The County’s population is approximately 44,000.
With convenient access to Interstates 89 and 91,the County seat in Newport is approximately 45 minutes northwest of the state capital of Concord, NH; approximately 45 minutes north of the City of Keene; and approximately 45 minutes south of Lebanon, Hanover (home of Dartmouth College), and the Upper Connecticut River Valley of NH/VT. The communities in Sullivan County are host to numerous outdoor recreational opportunities, including hunting, hiking, boating, golfing, farming, etc., as well as ample shopping and dining opportunities.
Additional information about Sullivan County can be found on the website: http://sullivancountynh.gov/.
||Jul 17, 2018
||US - New Hampshire - Newport
||- n/a -
Landscaping, Building Maintenance
Come join our team in the Facilities and Operations Department at Sullivan County! We are looking for an energetic, conscientious, and detail-oriented person who enjoys making a difference and takes pride in his or her work. A Facilities Technician is skilled trades position responsible for the physical maintenance and repairs of buildings and equipment and could have assigned jobs in the Nursing Home, Department of Corrections, the Biomass Plant, or Newport Offices, as well as work on the grounds, lands, support buildings, mechanical equipment, and vehicles.
Facilities Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Physical maintenance and repairs of buildings and equipment including day-to-day maintenance, repairs, and improvement projects.
• Variety of skilled tasks such as rough pipe fitting, caulking, painting, carpentry, and electrical maintenance work in order to maintain buildings and related facilities.
• Maintenance of equipment and tools.
• Perform snow plowing, salting, and sanding using trucks or tractor, remove snow and ice from sidewalks and steps; mow, trim and edge lawns, and maintain grounds around County facilities.
• Assemble, move, and repair furniture, shelving, pictures, or equipment for staff and nursing home residents. Setup and break down for various County functions.
• Assist other facilities staff, other trades in completing work.
• May supervise inmates on work detail.
A candidate for this position should have a high school diploma, or equivalent, and at least two (2) years experience and trades knowledge of maintenance procedures is desirable. Valid NH or VT driver’s license is required.
Benefits include medical, dental, pension, tuition reimbursement, life and long term disability insurance.
|Contact Details / Apply for this Job|
Name: Mary Bourque
Address: 5 Nursing Home Drive
State/Province: New Hampshire
Country: United States