MadgeTech, Inc., a leader in data logger technology, is seeking an individual with a “Can Do” attitude to work in a fast paced, challenging, team oriented environment. A full-time position is available for a highly motivated Purchasing Agent to negotiate vendor terms, pricing and schedule delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Adhere to purchasing policies, process flows and procedures.
• Familiar with standard concepts, and practices of principles of purchasing.
• Negotiate best vendor terms, pricing and delivery bases on schedule.
• Create purchase orders, work with suppliers to obtain pricing and specifications.
• Monitor and expedite orders.
• Planning and control information by collecting and analyzing data and trends.
• Forecast levels of demand for services and products to meet business need.
• Work with Master Scheduler on stock levels by using company MRP system.
• Liaise between suppliers and company internal departments.
• Work with Quality Manager in qualifying vendors.
• Ability to assess technical specifications, materials and components to conclude if competitive vendor products match MadgeTech specifications.
• Work with Production Manager on backlog, and upcoming orders to prioritize, plan production to ensure on time delivery is met.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.