Phillips Exeter Academy, located in Exeter, NH, is a highly selective coeducational independent school for boarding and day students in grades 9 through 12, and post-graduate level as well. Our 671-acre campus is comprised of academic and residential buildings, a library, playing fields and sprawling green lawns; retaining our 18th century New England charm.
The Academy offers competitive salaries, and excellent benefits such as free access to our athletic facilities and free meals. In addition, discounts in and around Exeter, Exeter Inn and Epoch Restaurant, Homes for Heroes, and McFarland Ford to name a few.
The temporary Athletic Trainer is a sabbatical replacement for the preseason and fall term of the 2018-2019 academic school year. The successful candidate will work with alongside a staff of three full-time athletic trainers in the planning, organization, direction and execution of programs associated with the care and prevention of orthopedic-related injuries, and the management of other injuries and illnesses that impact on students’ health and wellness.
• Assist in the enforcement of departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Provide education and serve as a resource for students and academy employees on injury/illness prevention and wellness.
• Responsible for the evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of all orthopedic injuries across campus.
• Apply indicated injury risk reduction methods to students.
• Assist in the fitting of protective athletic gear issued by the Academy.
• Assist in the management and administration of the wrestling weight certification program.
• Provide immediate emergency care during times of physical activity, including being present at interscholastic events as scheduled by the Director of Athletic Training.
• Provide respectful communication, within limits of confidentiality, on student health matters between coaches, parents and health care providers.
• Maintain complete and accurate records of Athletic Training Center activities and pertinent medical data.
• Assist in the management of students returning to activities of daily life after sustaining a concussion.
Education and Experience:
• Undergraduate degree minimum.
• Masters preferred.
• NATA-BOC certification and NH state license or the ability to obtain prior to hiring.
• 0-5 years’ experience working as a certified athletic trainer.
• Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting is preferred.