Phillips Exeter Academy
Phillips Exeter Academy, a residential school founded in 1781 by John Phillips, has a tradition of academic excellence, a distinguished faculty, and a long history of educating young people to find their place in the world.
Members of the employee community at Exeter share the Academy's longstanding commitment to excellence – a commitment that has made the school one of the finest in the country. We seek to understand the differences and similarities among us, and to appreciate the richness which diversity provides. We welcome your interest in a career at Exeter.
The Academy is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities which do not prevent performance of essential job tasks.
Please visit www.exeter.edu/careers for a complete listing of current openings and to apply on-line.
||Jan 08, 2018
||- n/a -
||- n/a -|
||US - New Hampshire - Exeter
||- n/a -
Design, Fine and Creative Arts
SEE BELOW TO APPLY
Phillips Exeter Academy, located in Exeter, NH, is a highly selective coeducational independent school for boarding and day students in grades 9 through 12, and post-graduate level as well. Our 671-acre campus is comprised of academic and residential buildings, a library, playing fields and sprawling green lawns; retaining our 18th century New England charm.
Visit our website, www.exeter.edu, to learn more about us and to view the complete job description.
The Academy offers competitive salaries, and excellent benefits such as health, dental, 9 - 12% retirement contribution, life insurance, disability, vacation, free access to our athletic facilities, and free meals. In addition, discounts in and around Exeter, Exeter Inn and Epoch Restaurant, Homes for Heroes, and McFarland Ford to name a few.
The Technical Director manages and directs the operation of the technical stage facilities and equipment within the Center. Must be an experienced generalist in theatre and theatre technical operations, but must have particular expertise in the use and maintenance of electronic theatre technology, including theatrical lighting systems and audio and visual systems.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Technical Theatre, Theatre Arts, or related field required.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• 3 -5 years’ experience in theatre technical operations essential, including at least 3 years in a professional setting with senior responsibility for theatrical lighting and sound systems.
• Background in an educational institution and teaching experience are preferred.
• Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting preferred.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Knowledge and experience with current technology on all theatrical systems including lighting, sound, rigging, and related electronics.
• Knowledge of up-to-date theatre safety policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Ability to teach students and other staff to operate machinery safely and effectively, at a range of skill levels.
• Interest in and aptitude for working with teenagers.
• Knowledge and understanding of applicable federal and state laws associated with performing arts.
• Skilled in critical thinking.
• Skilled in leading and coordinating work by others, including contractors.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust and credibility.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
• Proficient in MS Office and auto CAD or equivalent.
• High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
Submit a cover letter and current resume, as one document (pdf or MS Word format), to: email@example.com or fax it to 603-777-4390. Please indicate in the subject line: Technical Director. The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment background check.
The Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, gender, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities which do not prevent performance of essential job tasks.
The Academy is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. Those who share this goal are encouraged to apply.
Due to the volume of responses received for job postings, we are unable to provide individual status updates. All applicants will receive electronic confirmation of application submission and final status. Only those applicants selected by the search committee will be contacted directly. We appreciate your understanding, cooperation and interest in employment at Phillips Exeter Academy.
|Contact Details / Apply for this Job|
Phillips Exeter Academy
State/Province: New Hampshire
Country: United States