Phillips Exeter Academy
Phillips Exeter Academy, a residential school founded in 1781 by John Phillips, has a tradition of academic excellence, a distinguished faculty, and a long history of educating young people to find their place in the world.
Members of the employee community at Exeter share the Academy's longstanding commitment to excellence – a commitment that has made the school one of the finest in the country. We seek to understand the differences and similarities among us, and to appreciate the richness which diversity provides. We welcome your interest in a career at Exeter.
The Academy is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities which do not prevent performance of essential job tasks.
Please visit www.exeter.edu/careers for a complete listing of current openings and to apply on-line.
||Dec 18, 2017
||- n/a -
||- n/a -|
||US - New Hampshire - Exeter
||- n/a -
Clerical, Secretarial, Administrative
SEE BELOW TO APPLY
Phillips Exeter Academy, located in Exeter, NH, is a highly selective coeducational independent school for boarding and day students in grades 9 through 12, and post-graduate level as well. Our 671-acre campus is comprised of academic and residential buildings, a library, playing fields and sprawling green lawns; retaining our 18th century New England charm.
Visit our website, www.exeter.edu, to learn more about us and to view the complete job description.
The Academy offers competitive salaries, and excellent benefits such as health, dental, 9 - 12% retirement contribution, life insurance, disability, vacation, free access to our athletic facilities, and free meals. In addition, discounts in and around Exeter, Exeter Inn and Epoch Restaurant, Homes for Heroes, and McFarland Ford to name a few.
The Program Coordinator works primarily on the alumni section of The Exeter Bulletin, Phillips Exeter Academy’s quarterly magazine. Responsibilities include editorial oversight and proofreading of this section and the coordination of 125 alumni volunteers who contribute Class Notes columns. In addition, assembling and editing content for other communications channels, as needed, to further engage alumni, families, and employees of the Academy.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications or English preferred.
• Minimum 3 - 5 years’ work experience in communications or related field.
• Proofreading and editing experience desired.
• Experience with or interest in routinely engaging with a large and dedicated volunteer base.
• Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
• Proficient in MS office and familiarity with Photoshop and InDesign.
• Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed.
• High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
• Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential material with discretion.
• Demonstrated commitment to serving the needs of a diverse and inclusive community with diplomacy and tact.
Submit a cover letter and current resume, as one document (pdf or MS Word format), to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 603-777-4390. Please indicate in the subject line: Program Coordinator. The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment background check.
The Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, gender, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities which do not prevent performance of essential job tasks.
The Academy is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. Those who share this goal are encouraged to apply.
Due to the volume of responses received for job postings, we are unable to provide individual status updates. All applicants will receive electronic confirmation of application submission and final status. Only those applicants selected by the search committee will be contacted directly. We appreciate your understanding, cooperation and interest in employment at Phillips Exeter Academy.
|Contact Details / Apply for this Job|
Phillips Exeter Academy
State/Province: New Hampshire
Country: United States