Phillips Exeter Academy
Phillips Exeter Academy, a residential school founded in 1781 by John Phillips, has a tradition of academic excellence, a distinguished faculty, and a long history of educating young people to find their place in the world.
Members of the employee community at Exeter share the Academy's longstanding commitment to excellence – a commitment that has made the school one of the finest in the country. We seek to understand the differences and similarities among us, and to appreciate the richness which diversity provides. We welcome your interest in a career at Exeter.
The Academy is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities which do not prevent performance of essential job tasks.
Please visit www.exeter.edu/careers for a complete listing of current openings and to apply on-line.
||Dec 18, 2017
||- n/a -
||- n/a -|
||US - New Hampshire - Exeter
||- n/a -
Food Service, Restaurant
SEE BELOW TO APPLY
Phillips Exeter Academy, located in Exeter, NH, is a highly selective coeducational independent school for boarding and day students in grades 9 through 12, and post-graduate level as well. Our 671-acre campus is comprised of academic and residential buildings, a library, playing fields and sprawling green lawns; retaining our 18th century New England charm.
Visit our website, www.exeter.edu, to learn more about us and to view the complete job description.
The Academy offers competitive salaries, and excellent benefits such as health, dental, 9 - 12% retirement contribution, life insurance, disability, vacation, free access to our athletic facilities, and free meals. In addition, discounts in and around Exeter, Exeter Inn and Epoch Restaurant, Homes for Heroes, and McFarland Ford to name a few.
The Potwasher/Utilities Maintenance is responsible for the sanitation and cleanliness of pots, pans, prep tables and equipment in the kitchen and adjacent areas.
Schedule: 40 hours/week when regular school is in session, summers off, Monday – Friday, 6:30am - 3:00pm, weekends and nights are integral and flexibility is required. Schedule may vary according to departmental and Academy needs.
This position is considered “Essential Personnel”, requiring the employee to report to or remain at work for emergencies and inclement weather events, if instructed to do so.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED preferred.
• Knowledge of large-scale food service operation, equipment and methods of cleaning preferred.
• Experience in institutional food service or housekeeping is helpful.
• Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting is preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to take direction and work with others.
• Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including stressful situations.
• Knowledge of proper safety and sanitation principles when operating equipment and using cleaning supplies.
• Practices excellent personal hygiene habits; follows and adheres to uniform standards daily.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusivity and to serving the needs of a diverse and inclusive community with diplomacy and tact.
• Regular and consistent attendance with the ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, under short time constraints, and within established deadlines.
• Must possess excellent guest service and hospitality skills and projects a positive image while interacting with students, faculty, staff and guests.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
Go to www.exeter.edu/jobapplication to download an application. Email your completed application to email@example.com, or fax it to 603-777-4390. Please indicate in the subject line: Three-quarter time Potwasher. The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment background check.
The Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, gender, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities which do not prevent performance of essential job tasks.
The Academy is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. Applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.
Due to the volume of responses received for job postings, we are unable to provide individual status updates. All applicants will receive electronic confirmation of application submission and final status. Only those applicants selected by the search committee will be contacted directly. We appreciate your understanding, cooperation and interest in employment at Phillips Exeter Academy.
|Contact Details / Apply for this Job|
Phillips Exeter Academy
State/Province: New Hampshire
Country: United States