Medical Chaperone/Driver (On-call)
Phillips Exeter Academy
Phillips Exeter Academy, a residential school founded in 1781 by John Phillips, has a tradition of academic excellence, a distinguished faculty, and a long history of educating young people to find their place in the world.
Members of the employee community at Exeter share the Academy's longstanding commitment to excellence – a commitment that has made the school one of the finest in the country. We seek to understand the differences and similarities among us, and to appreciate the richness which diversity provides. We welcome your interest in a career at Exeter.
The Academy is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities which do not prevent performance of essential job tasks.
Please visit www.exeter.edu/careers for a complete listing of current openings and to apply on-line.
||Dec 18, 2017
||- n/a -
||- n/a -|
||US - New Hampshire - Exeter
||- n/a -
Transportation, Material Moving, Drivers
SEE BELOW TO APPLY
Phillips Exeter Academy, located in Exeter, NH, is a highly selective coeducational independent school for boarding and day students in grades 9 through 12, and post-graduate level as well. Our 671-acre campus is comprised of academic and residential buildings, a library, playing fields and sprawling green lawns; retaining our 18th century New England charm.
Visit our website, www.exeter.edu, to learn more about us and to view the complete job description.
The Academy offers competitive salaries, and excellent benefits such as free access to our athletic facilities and free meals. In addition, discounts in and around Exeter, Exeter Inn and Epoch Restaurant, Homes for Heroes, and McFarland Ford to name a few.
On-call Medical Chaperone/Driver as needed to transport students to off-campus medical visits by providing transportation, companionship and general assistance with the administrative aspects of a medical visit. May be required to transport students for other departments as needed.
Schedule: On-call availability from 7:00am - 11:00pm in rotation with other chaperone/drivers, rotation may include weekends. Schedule may vary according to departmental and Academy needs.
Education and Experience
• High school graduate or GED preferred
• Some college experience helpful.
• Basic familiarity with health care environment helpful.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
• Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting is preferred.
• Ability to provide a clean and reliable passenger vehicle required.
• Knowledge and understanding of all motor vehicle laws and safe drive guidelines.
• Knowledge of adolescent issues and experience interacting with adolescents strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust and credibility.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including stressful situations.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusivity and to serving the needs of a diverse and inclusive community with diplomacy and tact.
• Possess basic computer skills.
Submit a cover letter and current resume, as one document (pdf or MS Word format), to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line: On-call Medical Chaperone/Driver. The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment background check.
The Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, gender, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities which do not prevent performance of essential job tasks.
The Academy is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. Applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.
Due to the volume of responses received for job postings, we are unable to provide individual status updates. All applicants will receive electronic confirmation of application submission and final status. Only those applicants selected by the search committee will be contacted directly. We appreciate your understanding, cooperation and interest in employment at Phillips Exeter Academy.
|Contact Details / Apply for this Job|
Phillips Exeter Academy
State/Province: New Hampshire
Country: United States