Phillips Exeter Academy
Phillips Exeter Academy, a residential school founded in 1781 by John Phillips, has a tradition of academic excellence, a distinguished faculty, and a long history of educating young people to find their place in the world.
Members of the employee community at Exeter share the Academy's longstanding commitment to excellence – a commitment that has made the school one of the finest in the country. We seek to understand the differences and similarities among us, and to appreciate the richness which diversity provides. We welcome your interest in a career at Exeter.
The Academy is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities which do not prevent performance of essential job tasks.
Please visit www.exeter.edu/careers for a complete listing of current openings and to apply on-line.
||Dec 06, 2017
||- n/a -
||- n/a -|
||US - New Hampshire - Exeter
||- n/a -
Health and Medicine
SEE BELOW TO APPLY
Phillips Exeter Academy, located in Exeter, NH, is a highly selective coeducational independent school for boarding and day students in grades 9 through 12, and post-graduate level as well. Our 671-acre campus is comprised of academic and residential buildings, a library, playing fields and sprawling green lawns; retaining our 18th century New England charm.
Visit our website, www.exeter.edu, to learn more about us and to view the complete job description.
The Academy offers competitive salaries, and excellent benefits such as health, dental, 9 - 12% retirement contribution, life insurance, disability, vacation, free access to our athletic facilities, and free meals. In addition, discounts in and around Exeter, Exeter Inn and Epoch Restaurant, Homes for Heroes, and McFarland Ford to name a few.
The Licensed Clinician is responsible for providing psychotherapy, crisis intervention, consultation, and mental health outreach and education services to enhance the psychological and emotional welfare of PEA students.
Schedule: Academic year and summer school coverage (11 months) schedule including one week prior to the beginning of school. There is a shared responsibility among all counselors to provide evening, weekend, on-call, and rotational coverage. Schedule may vary according to departmental and Academy needs.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Master’s degree required.
• PhD, PsyD or MSW preferred
• Licensed Mental Health Clinician in NH.
• 3+ years’ full-time post-licensure clinical experience working with an adolescent and/or young adult population.
• Experience and skill treating eating disorders, anxiety and mood disorders, substance abuse, post-traumatic stress, and interpersonal problems.
• Experience and skill responding to suspected child abuse or neglect and alleged assault.
• Experience and skill working collaboratively to develop, facilitate, and coordinate prevention programs for adolescents.
• Experience and skill working collaboratively to develop, facilitate, and coordinate professional development and training programs for faculty and staff in secondary education.
• Must possess a record of service that demonstrates concern for the safety and well-being of others.
• Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting preferred.
• Outstanding clinical skills, including the use of evidence-based practices for treating adolescent mental health problems.
• Ability to work independently, handle multiple caseloads, and meet deadlines while simultaneously maintaining accurate records and consulting with colleagues as appropriate.
• Adherence to legal and ethical best-practices, as articulated by NH State Law, local memoranda of understanding (MOUs), and either the American Psychological Association or the National Association of Social Workers. This includes the ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients’ privacy.
• Demonstrated ability to work with adolescents to build trust and credibility.
• Ability to write concise, logical, analytical reports to convey complex issues.
• Strong presentation skills and presence in front of small and large audiences.
• Strong communication skills- works with empathy, compassion and professionalism.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a strong customer focus.
Submit a cover letter and current resume, as one document (pdf or MS Word format), to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 603-777-4390. Please indicate in the subject line: Licensed Clinician. The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment background check.
The Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, gender, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities which do not prevent performance of essential job tasks.
The Academy is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. Those who share this goal are encouraged to apply.
Due to the volume of responses received for job postings, we are unable to provide individual status updates. All applicants will receive electronic confirmation of application submission and final status. Only those applicants selected by the search committee will be contacted directly. We appreciate your understanding, cooperation and interest in employment at Phillips Exeter Academy.
|Contact Details / Apply for this Job|
Phillips Exeter Academy
State/Province: New Hampshire
Country: United States