Human Resources Partner
Phillips Exeter Academy
Phillips Exeter Academy, a residential school founded in 1781 by John Phillips, has a tradition of academic excellence, a distinguished faculty, and a long history of educating young people to find their place in the world.
Members of the employee community at Exeter share the Academy's longstanding commitment to excellence – a commitment that has made the school one of the finest in the country. We seek to understand the differences and similarities among us, and to appreciate the richness which diversity provides. We welcome your interest in a career at Exeter.
The Academy is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities which do not prevent performance of essential job tasks.
Please visit www.exeter.edu/careers for a complete listing of current openings and to apply on-line.
||Dec 01, 2017
||- n/a -
||- n/a -|
||US - New Hampshire - Exeter
||- n/a -
Human Resource Development and Personnel Services
SEE BELOW TO APPLY
Phillips Exeter Academy, located in Exeter, NH, is a highly selective coeducational independent school for boarding and day students in grades 9 through 12, and post-graduate level as well. Our 671-acre campus is comprised of academic and residential buildings, a library, playing fields and sprawling green lawns; retaining our 18th century New England charm.
Visit our website, www.exeter.edu, to learn more about us and to view the complete job description.
The HR Partner provides dedicated HR support and develops close working relationships with assigned client areas, working collaboratively with department staff, managers, and senior leadership to understand and support their business needs and objectives. Primary point of contact for assigned client group(s) in providing HR support, advice and counsel on all HR related matters (e.g., policies, programs, processes including but not limited to employee relations, talent acquisition/recruitment, training and organizational development, performance management, workers compensation, leaves and compensation).
• Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
• Educate clients on employee relations policies and procedures as well as the legal aspects and implications of various decisions and options ensuring compliance with federal, state(s) and local employment laws and Academy policies and procedures.
• Conduct employee/workplace investigations and handle other sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and tact. Prepare appropriate write-ups and recommend resolution(s) working in conjunction with the director of HR and others as needed (i.e., HR partners, general counsel, etc.).
• Facilitate mediation for conflict management and problem solving dialogues. Provide performance management guidance to respective clients (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions.).
• Manage workers' compensation, disability, FML or other approved leave programs.
• Manage workplace accommodation requests, and health and safety issues; informs managers as needed.
• Manage annual performance assessment process for respective clients group(s).
• Assist with the development and execution of campus-wide recognition programs and events.
Recruitment and Talent Management:
• Work closely with HR Team on recruitment initiatives in order to drive and enable hiring and retention of talented and diverse employees who will affect positive change.
• Develop recruitment strategies including review of all open positions and job descriptions, developing a search and advertising plan, identifying target markets and recruitment sources.
• Utilize targeted and niche sourcing strategies to fill critical vacancies. In addition to traditional job boards and job fairs, must be able to effectively utilize social media to network and direct source passive c
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required, Human Resources or Organizational Development specialization.
• Master’s degree helpful.
• PHR, SPHR, CCP or other certified HR designation desired, or willingness to obtain certification within a year of employment.
• 5+ years’ HR generalist/consulting experience, preferably in an academic environment.
• 5+ years’ in-depth experience in managing employee relations issues.
• 5+ years’ demonstrated experience working with and providing consultation to all levels of employees as a partner on strategic and tactical HR related issues and to work effectively in a complex environment.
• Experience leading the workforce through a changing environment.
• Experience that demonstrates the highest personal levels of uncompromising integrity and honesty.
• Must possess a record of service that identifies concern for the safety and well-being of others.
• Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting preferred.
• Proven strong presentation skills and presence.
• Strategic high-level thinking coupled with the attention to detail necessary for successful planning and execution.
• Proven excellent client support skills with demonstrated evidence of strong business acumen.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with teammates and clients by building trust and credibility.
• Ability to build and leverage effective relationships and influence decisions and behaviors through partnering.
• Solid understanding of multiple HR disciplines, including ER, recruitment, training, OD, compensation and benefits.
• Ability and willingness to travel (by car, air, train or bus) domestically as needed.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust and credibility.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a strong customer focus.
• A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
• Proficient in MS Office, as well as HRIS products such as Ellucian Colleague, Peoplesoft, PeopleAdmin, ADP, etc.
• High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
Submit a cover letter and current resume, as one document (pdf or MS Word format), to: email@example.com or fax it to 603-777-4390. Please indicate in the subject line: HR Partner. The deadline for submission is January 19, 2018. The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment background check.
The Academy offers competitive salaries, and excellent benefits such as health, dental, 9 - 12% retirement contribution, life insurance, disability, vacation, free access to our athletic facilities, and free meals. In addition, discounts in and around Exeter, Exeter Inn and Epoch Restaurant, Homes for Heroes, and McFarland Ford to name a few.
The Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, gender, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities which do not prevent performance of essential job tasks.
The Academy is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. Those who share this goal are encouraged to apply.
Due to the volume of responses received for job postings, we are unable to provide individual status updates. All applicants will receive electronic confirmation of application submission and final status. Only those applicants selected by the search committee will be contacted directly. We appreciate your understanding, cooperation and interest in employment at Phillips Exeter Academy.
|Contact Details / Apply for this Job|
Phillips Exeter Academy
State/Province: New Hampshire
Country: United States