Wine Sales Representative: Portsmouth, NH
The New Hampshire Wine Sales Representative is responsible for achieving sales, service and product distribution objectives within the assigned territory. The NH Wine Sales Representative is also responsible for compliance of Company standards and policies in all areas impacted by Sales.
• Plan, develop and present to customers effective strategies to increase sales.
• Communicate to customers new items, product information and competitive market information to generate dialogue and create “need”.
• Plan and present proposals for house pours, menu placements, promotions and special events.
• Manage samples responsibly, within company guidelines and parameters of the law.
• Review non-buy account list regularly. Work with appropriate personnel to secure new business through closure of account and distribution voids.
• Dominate the on-premise market in regards to house pours, menu placements, back-of-bar product placements and POS.
• Monitor vintage dates and labels and rotate product to ensure compliance with PST Co. and supplier quality standards.
• Adhere to account call frequency and sequence to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Maintain positive professional relationships with owners and buying personnel at key accounts.
• Resolve customer complaints professionally and in a timely manner. Utilize assistance from NH State Wine Manager and/or other PST personnel as necessary.
• Check Company voice mail at regular intervals throughout the day.
• Complete and submit all administrative paperwork, i.e. comment sheets, incentive tracking sheets, etc. on or before deadline.
• Review permanent POS and back-of-bar product placements on a regular basis to ensure fresh, current advertising images in marketplace.
• Utilize Marketing Department and Print Shop to the maximum extent as they relate to wine lists, shelf talkers and other printed materials.
• Write credits for damaged items and/or shipment errors within authority as per established company guidelines.
• Maintain professional responsibility for the condition of the NH Depot sales areas.
Perform other duties as assigned.