MadgeTech, Inc., a leader in data logger technology, is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist with a “Can Do” attitude to work in a fast paced, challenging, team oriented environment. A full-time position is available for a highly motivated individual to contribute to the growth by serving as a principal link with the accounting department.
• Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
• Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
• Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
• Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
• Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Customer invoicing including processing credit cards and web orders daily.
• Liaise with purchasing team with follow through on vendor invoice inquiries.
• Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
• Enter vendor invoices in Quick Books.
• Process weekly check run.
• File vendor payment.
• Complete bank and credit reconciliations, all other duties as assigned.