Program & Operations Manager
Phillips Exeter Academy
Phillips Exeter Academy, a residential school founded in 1781 by John Phillips, has a tradition of academic excellence, a distinguished faculty, and a long history of educating young people to find their place in the world.
Members of the employee community at Exeter share the Academy's longstanding commitment to excellence – a commitment that has made the school one of the finest in the country. We seek to understand the differences and similarities among us, and to appreciate the richness which diversity provides. We welcome your interest in a career at Exeter.
The Academy is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities which do not prevent performance of essential job tasks.
Please visit www.exeter.edu/careers for a complete listing of current openings and to apply on-line.
||Jun 28, 2017
||- n/a -
||- n/a -|
||US - New Hampshire - Exeter
||- n/a -
Administrative and Management, Computing and Information Technology, Education, Training, Library Science and Information Media
SEE BELOW TO APPLY
Phillips Exeter Academy, a co-educational residential school serving students in grades 9 through 12, and post-graduate level, was founded in 1781 by John Phillips. Exeter has a tradition of academic excellence, a distinguished faculty, and a long history of educating young people to find their place in the world. The Academy employs approximately 425 staff who support the living, learning and teaching environment of a diverse student body. The Academy's longstanding commitment to excellence has made the school one of the finest in the country. To learn more about Phillips Exeter Academy, visit http://www.exeter.edu/.
*** This is a one-year term appointment. ***
During this one-year term appointment, the program and operations manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of College Counseling Office (CCO) programming, with a focus on leveraging technology to effectively manage programs and communications that support the mission and objectives of the (CCO). Key accountabilities include:
• Oversees the planning and implementation of CCO programs and events, demonstrating excellent project management and organizational skills.
• Oversees the CCO calendar, the PEA Community Calendar, and all other print or online publications containing CCO programs and events.
• Strategizes and collaborates with Academy employees and outside vendors to achieve programmatic success.
• Builds and sustains relationships with college admissions representatives, demonstrating a high level of collegiality and strong interpersonal skills.
• Responsible for data retrieval/archival.
• Manages multiple organization affiliations and plan travel itineraries for regional and national conference attendance.
• Reports annually on CCO programs and the programming and standardized testing budgets, demonstrating strong analytical thinking and strategic planning.
• Creates and revises all CCO publications, demonstrating excellent writing skills, editorial ability and proofing accuracy.
• Writes original copy for the CCO website, demonstrating technical skill and a creative design sense.
• Maintains effective and engaging presence on various social media sites.
• Designs appealing and informative content for the digital display unit.
• Produces video and other multimedia elements to enhance existing resources and publications.
• Keeps current with the latest trends in media and technology, continually exploring innovative ways to enrich the CCO’s print and electronic communications.
Strategic Planning and Operations
• Provide strategic planning and technical support to sustain and improve CCO operations and workflow, thus improving service to all constituents.
• Make intelligent business decisions based on knowledge and research in collaboration with the Dean of College Counseling.
• Oversees the ongoing sustainability of the CCO platform (currently Naviance Succeed), providing training and support to all end-users.
• Leverage technology to implement functional solutions for data collection, storage and usage.
• Analyze and evaluate existing workflows to capitalize on more effective and/or efficient solutions.
• Facilitate for CCO staff greater usage and understanding of technology through training and support.
• Keep current with the latest trends in technology, continually exploring innovative ways to foster efficiency and interoperability among all CCO system.
• Shares responsibility and oversees report writing and reconciliation of all CCO college application statistics for the following publications:
o Trustee reports and presentations (3 times/year).
o Principal’s year-end report.
o Yearly audit reports – (bond rating) Treasurer’s Office.
o Accreditation reports.
o College Profile.
• Selects, trains, supervises, and evaluates the performance of assigned staff; recommend transfers, reassignments, discipline, terminations
The successful candidate will preferably have a bachelor’s degree along with a minimum of five years’ administrative experience, including scheduling, planning and coordinating calendars and projects.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience in an academic institution (secondary or post-secondary) preferred.
• Experience with website management.
• Experience with Naviance Succeed a plus.
• Experience with Colleague by Ellucian (Datatel) preferred, but not required.
• Team player experience is required and necessary.
• Experience with direct customer service.
• Budget planning and strategic planning skills are essential.
• High degree of organizational skills with the ability to multi-task with accuracy.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a strong customer focus.
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
• A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including stressful situations.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships.
• Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed to be more efficient.
• Responsible individual with a strong work ethic and the ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
• Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust and credibility.
• Proficient in MS Office.
• Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusivity and to serving the needs of a diverse and inclusive community with diplomacy and tact.
Submit a cover letter and a current resume, as one document (pdf or MS Word format), to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line: Program and Operations Manager. The deadline for submission is July 31, 2017. The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment background check.
The Academy offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits (health, dental, 9-12% retirement contribution, vacation, free parking, meals & more) and a supportive, collegial environment in a drug- and smoke-free workplace.
The Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, gender, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities which do not prevent performance of essential job tasks.
The Academy is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. Applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.
Due to the volume of responses received for job postings, we are unable to provide individual status updates. All applicants will receive electronic confirmation of application submission and final status. Only those applicants selected by the search committee will be contacted directly. We appreciate your understanding, cooperation and interest in employment at Phillips Exeter Academy.
|Contact Details / Apply for this Job|
Phillips Exeter Academy
Name: Melissa Benoit
State/Province: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Print & Go