MadgeTech, Inc., a leader in data logger technology, is seeking an individual with a “Can Do” attitude to work in a busy, challenging, team-oriented environment. A full-time position is available for a highly motivated sales representative, challenging, team-oriented environment. The sales representative will be responsible for mastering the function and features of both the hardware and software solutions offered by the company. The sales representative position will report to the Sales Manager.
• Source sales opportunities through inbound leads, and outbound cold calls, and email.
• Contact existing customers to discuss their regulatory compliance needs, and explain the compliance tools offered by specific MadgeTech products and services.
• Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating, and attending trade shows and conferences.
• Select the correct products or assist customers in making product selections, based on customers' needs, product specifications, and applicable regulatory compliance requirements.
• Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers' needs, and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
• Ability to understand online marketing, MadgeTech products' value to our customers, as well as the competitive landscape.
• Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
• Negotiate prices and terms of sales and service agreements.
• Prepare sales contracts for orders obtained, and submit orders to customer service for processing.
• Maintain customer records, using automated systems.
• Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information such as selling strategies and marketing information.
• Responsible for learning and mastering details regarding regulatory compliance and industry applications, which impact how the product is used.
• Willingness and ability to travel.
Qualifications (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
• BA/BS degree or equivalent with 5 plus years’ experience.
• Track record of meeting quota.
• Strong phone presence and experience with managing multiple calls per day.
• Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software.
• Ability to learn and apply technical product information in the sales environment.
• Proven track record of successful telephone and in-person sales.
• Good understanding of Internet technologies.
• Strong written and verbal skills a MUST.
• Sales training or solution selling training a PLUS.
• An upbeat, positive, “can do” attitude is a must.
Additional Skills a Plus
MadgeTech, Inc. located in Warner, NH designs, manufactures and distributes data loggers to a global market. MadgeTech offers a pleasant working environment with excellent benefits and competitive salary commensurate with experience.