On Call Campus Safety Officer
Phillips Exeter Academy
Phillips Exeter Academy, a residential school founded in 1781 by John Phillips, has a tradition of academic excellence, a distinguished faculty, and a long history of educating young people to find their place in the world.
Members of the employee community at Exeter share the Academy's longstanding commitment to excellence – a commitment that has made the school one of the finest in the country. We seek to understand the differences and similarities among us, and to appreciate the richness which diversity provides. We welcome your interest in a career at Exeter.
The Academy is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities which do not prevent performance of essential job tasks.
Please visit www.exeter.edu/careers for a complete listing of current openings and to apply on-line.
||Jun 05, 2017
||- n/a -
||- n/a -|
||US - New Hampshire - Exeter
||- n/a -
Public Safety and Security
Phillips Exeter Academy, a co-educational residential school serving students in grades 9 through 12, and post-graduate level, was founded in 1781 by John Phillips. Exeter has a tradition of academic excellence, a distinguished faculty, and a long history of educating young people to find their place in the world. The 671-acre campus with academic and residential buildings, a 309,432 volume library, playing fields and green lawns is located in Exeter, a southern New Hampshire town which retains its 18th-century New England charm. The Academy enrolls more than 1000 students from around the world. Exeter offers a rich curriculum with over 400 courses taught by 210 faculty in eighteen academic departments. The Academy employs approximately 425 staff who support the living, learning and teaching environment of a diverse student body. The Academy's longstanding commitment to excellence has made the school one of the finest in the country. To learn more about Phillips Exeter Academy, visit http://www.exeter.edu/.
Provide safety services that assist the campus community in maintaining order and/or improving the personal safety of students, faculty, staff and guests, and ensures the security of Academy property. The full job description can be viewed on our website.
This position is considered "Essential Personnel" in the event that:
• an emergency occurs on the PEA Campus or in the vicinity that would impact PEA;
• inclement weather forces the closing of campus or;
• other emergency events deemed appropriate.
Essential Personnel are required to report to or remain at work if instructed to do so if contacted directly by the supervisor (or his/her designee), the Principal or a member of the Principal’s Staff (Leadership Team).
Experience and Education
• High school diploma or GED equivalency required. Associate's degree preferred.
• Full Time staff must complete Campus Safety Training from Training Academy held annually.
• Completion of CPR / AED and First Aid certification training within 60 days of employment.
• Previous experience in an institutional or campus setting preferred.
• Customer service experience highly desirable.
• Must possess and maintain a valid operator’s license.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
• Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including stressful situations.
• Ability to prepare and effectively present both oral and written information concerning activities and operations to internal and external constituents.
• Knowledge of emergency management concepts and practices to include prevention/ mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery.
• Knowledge of federal and state codes and regulations relating to safety and security, fire codes and emergency management and compliance.
• Knowledge building/campus emergency procedures including but not limited to evacuations, fire drills, illness, blue light phones, EPI and AED equipment and other life safety equipment
• Proficiency in basic data management systems and basic computer applications (e.g., Microsoft Office and internet-based software programs).
• Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed.
• Commitment to diversity & inclusion and to serving the needs of a diverse and inclusive population.
Submit a cover letter and current resume, as one document (pdf or MS Word format), to: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line: On Call Campus Safety Officer. The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment background check.
The Academy offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits (health, dental, 9-12% retirement contribution, vacation, free parking, meals & more) and a supportive, collegial environment in a drug- and smoke-free workplace.
The Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, gender, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities which do not prevent performance of essential job tasks.
The Academy is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. Applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.
Due to the volume of responses received for job postings, we are unable to provide individual status updates. All applicants will receive electronic confirmation of application submission and final status. Only those applicants selected by the search committee will be contacted directly. We appreciate your understanding, cooperation and interest in employment at Phillips Exeter Academy.
|Contact Details / Apply for this Job|
Phillips Exeter Academy
Address: 20 Main St
State/Province: New Hampshire
Country: United States