Phillips Exeter Academy, a co-educational residential school serving students in grades 9 through 12, and post-graduate level, was founded in 1781 by John Phillips. Exeter has a tradition of academic excellence, a distinguished faculty, and a long history of educating young people to find their place in the world. The 671-acre campus with academic and residential buildings, a 309,432 volume library, playing fields and green lawns is located in Exeter, a southern New Hampshire town which retains its 18th-century New England charm. The Academy enrolls more than 1000 students from around the world. Exeter offers a rich curriculum with over 400 courses taught by 210 faculty in eighteen academic departments. The Academy employs approximately 425 staff who support the living, learning and teaching environment of a diverse student body. The Academy's longstanding commitment to excellence has made the school one of the finest in the country. To learn more about Phillips Exeter Academy, visit http://www.exeter.edu/.
The Utilities Custodian is responsible for the sanitation and cleanliness of the dining areas, entryways, kitchen and restrooms, and to perform key functions within the dish area to ensure the safety, sanitation and cleanliness of service-wares.
• Maintain outdoor entranceways to dining halls during winter months by shoveling and salting.
• Maintain adequate inventory of all cleaning supplies, informing supervisor of any expected shortages.
• Replace any expended lighting fixtures and dispose of materials in accordance with proper procedures.
• Report to manager work orders to be issued for maintenance repair on equipment.
• Making minor repairs with simple hand tools to all furniture, fixtures and equipment for working conditions.
This position is considered “Essential Personnel” in the event that:
• an emergency occurs on the PEA Campus or in the vicinity that would impact PEA;
• inclement weather forces the closing of campus or;
• other emergency events deemed appropriate.
Essential Personnel are required to report to or remain at work if instructed to do so if contacted directly by the supervisor (or his/her designee), the Principal or a member of the Principal’s Staff (Leadership Team.)
• High school graduate or GED equivalent preferred.
• Must be able to read and write.