Phillips Exeter Academy, a co-educational residential school serving students in grades 9 through 12, and post-graduate level, was founded in 1781 by John Phillips. Exeter has a tradition of academic excellence, a distinguished faculty, and a long history of educating young people to find their place in the world. The 671-acre campus with academic and residential buildings, a 309,432 volume library, playing fields and green lawns is located in Exeter, a southern New Hampshire town which retains its 18th-century New England charm. The Academy enrolls more than 1000 students from around the world. Exeter offers a rich curriculum with over 400 courses taught by 210 faculty in eighteen academic departments. The Academy employs approximately 425 staff who support the living, learning and teaching environment of a diverse student body. The Academy's longstanding commitment to excellence has made the school one of the finest in the country. To learn more about Phillips Exeter Academy, visit http://www.exeter.edu/.
Reporting to the Director of Investments, the Senior Investment Analyst will serve as a generalist investment professional and a key member of the team that works with the Academy’s Investment Committee to manage Exeter’s endowment. Key accountabilities include:
• In collaboration with the Director, closely monitors the Academy’s investment portfolios, including the endowment, retirement plans, and planned giving vehicles.
• Prepares portfolio updates and analytical reports for the Investment Committee.
• Monitors manager positioning and performance and participates and/or leads calls and meetings.
• Independently and at the direction of the Director and Investment Committee, develops and researches broad investment themes that will add value to the endowment long-term.
• In collaboration with Director, leads due diligence process on new investments.
• Provides research, analytical, and organizational support to the Director and the Investment Committee for projects and ad hoc requests.
• Reviews any changes in terms or amendments to partnership agreements, as assigned.
• Participates in and writes up notes for meetings and conference calls with managers.
• Works with the Senior Financial Analyst and Controller to support the annual audit of investment valuations.
• Captures and maintains manager and market data in spreadsheets to support analyses and the manager selection process, and works to improve Exeter’s tools and processes.
• Coordinates Investment Committee material preparation and projects with the Academy’s investment consultant.
• Ensures deliverables are prepared, reviewed and sent in a timely and accurate basis.
• Identifies technology and process-improvement opportunities and leads implementation as needed.
• Attends Retirement Plans Committee meetings and works with committee members and consultants on projects related to defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans as needed.
• General office support, including maintaining files, scheduling calls and meetings, and booking travel.