The individual in this position is required to ensure the company’s products meet or exceed the quality levels established by either DegreeC or by the customer. In addition this individual will be required to assist in RMA activities of products being returned for defects, repairs or re-calibrations.
• Read drawings, specifications, assembly instructions, BOM’s and assembly procedures to perform inspections and tests;
• Work with the ERP system and controlled electronic documents to verify product specifications, assembly instructions, BOMs and assembly procedures to perform inspections and tests;
• Perform inspections on product using test equipment such as micrometers, calipers, pin gages, force gages, steel rulers, assembly fixtures and a variety of torque tools;
• Determine appropriate inspection and test equipment required to perform inspections and tests;
• Perform inspections on product with and without magnification using workmanship standards and reference industry standards i.e. J-STD-001 / IPC-A-610;
• Identify and record defects on rework tags, NCMR forms, in-process inspection logs, and enter data in electronic media;
• Confer with engineers, supervision and employees regarding the inspection procedures and inspection results to resolve problems;
• Verify assembly of panels, mechanical details, cable assemblies, subassemblies, assemblies, systems and other mechanical parts;
• Act as trainer for ISO procedures as well as quality practices for new or temporary employees.
• Perform ISO9001 Internal Audits as required.
• Work with engineering to transition new products into production, assuring that proper documentation, test fixtures, inspection requirements and equipment are in place to facilitate a smooth transition to production. Attend final design reviews and complete first article inspections on any new product releases;
• Perform MRB material review and documentation for return of non-conforming material;
• Initiate corrective and preventative actions and aiding in the investigation and response to external corrective actions;
• Work closely with RMA Technicians, assemblers/QA Inspectors, engineers, Sales, Product Line Managers and shipping/receiving to process RMAs through the system in a timely manner;
• Maintain and coordinate bi-annual equipment calibration procedures;
• Assist, when necessary in packaging and logistics issues;
• Must be able to stand, bend, sit, lift (max 50lbs) and reach as needed to perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• All other duties as assigned.
Measures of Success
• Customer Quality levels meeting or exceeding set targets. Zero returns for quality related issues.
• Incoming inspection turnaround to stock less than 2 days.
Experience and Skills
• 1-3 year experience in a Quality role within a manufactu